MTV joins the club and writes about the “reunion” as if it was a fact. After tons of inaccurate announcements Paul Cattermole has confirmed on Twitter that nothing is confirmed. I brought up this article because it praises Hannah’s acting career.
It’s official: S Club 7 are getting back together. After the deluge of The Big Reunion saw Kerry Katona drag herself out of Iceland, Jo, Rachel, Hannah, Bradley and the other three are reforming the ultimate soda pop septet.
What does this mean for pop industry? Will the face of music change, and will we return to the dance routines that haunted playgrounds of the late ’90s? Only time will tell. For now, here are seven things you might well have not known about S Club 7.
1. Paul’s (dark hair) surname is Cattermole. He was the first person to quit S Club 7 (traitor), which possibly had something to do with the fact that he was in a relationship with fellow band member, Hannah…
2. …who has had arguably the most successful career. After leaving S Club 7 to bounce around various acting gigs, she landed a regular spot on the cast of Primeval, an ITV show that involved time travel with lizards. She has previously said that making a return to pop music is not on the cards, though judging by today’s announcement she’s gone back on her word.
3. Rachel Stevens, basically the UK equivalent of Jennifer Aniston, has this year been awarded FHM’s sexiest woman of all time. You go girl. She’s popped up all over the place since the group split, including tooth paste adverts and on the New Zealand X Factor, as a guest mentor. Versatile.
4. Jo, Bradley and Paul briefly toured the university club scene in the late noughties as S Club 3, though inevitably broke up. However, lucky students can still catch Tina and Bradley wax turning at Fresher’s nights around the country.
5. Tina was supposed to be in Mis Teeq, but chose S Club 7 over a working relationship with Aleesha Dixon. Here’s her current music video, Makin Me Dance. It’s proving to be a YouTube smash hit with just over 3000 views.
6. Because, of course, no pop group would be a pop group without a blemish on their track record. The 7s’ came under fiyahh when naughty boys Jon, Paul and Bradley were arrested for having weed on them in the centre of London. The girls were said to be ‘upset’ and there were slapped wrists all round.
7. Twit Twoo. As well as amassing a selection of nature tattoos, Jon’s beefed up…